Monday, January 24, 2011

A trio of snippets

Another sick one in the house
Our remaining cat (we've lost two in the last year or so to a feline virus/cancer) now has a tumor on her belly. Sigh. More sickness in our house. We'll find out in a few days what's the deal.

We were told that it's likely she'll get sick as all of the other ones died of cancer and there is a virus in the house (well, two really).

So much sickness in the house. Sigh.

Can't be bothered
The other night, H and I were talking about how he's doin' (sometimes a touchy topic). I commented that the past few months have been hard on him and that he's sleeping more and more.

"Well, I only sleep so much because you don't want to be with me, you pressure me to go to bed, we're slipping apart, you won't have sex with me…" H says.

Me, I just sit there and don't say anything, not really feeling like I need to say anything for several minutes. No point in engaging as he won't understand and it will just lead to more ill will.

Nice not to be angry or defensive...just let it wash over me.

Lotta shakin'
H's hands are shaking more and more...a result of damage to his CNS by the virus. H did some homework on this and found out more about the progression of HIV dementia and what it means.

"Will I really turn into a vegetable?" he asks me.

"I hope not, honey; I hope not."

No comments: