Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A 6 month horizon

Life goes on and on and on. H is doing well these days...well enough I suppose given that he's been in the hospital some 6 times in the past year. While the Drs aren't talking about PML or a short time to live, that cloud is hanging over us all of the time. Well, over me anyway.

H told me last night that he's been falling around the house a lot. I asked when and how and if he has his cane with him around the house. He says, yes, even with the cane, he's been falling. Now, he hasn't hurt himself, I think, but it's another factor in whether I think that he can take care of himself during the day while I'm at work.

Talking with my doctor, and, while she doens't know the whole story of what is going on with H, she suggested that I just arrange for hospice care now. Being told that I need to arrange hospice care for H twice in the last year is sufficient in her mind that he needs the help. Apparently, you can have hospice come in and do care for 6 months and then renew again in 6 months.

I need to talk with his doctor about this.

I'm seeing H fade more and more. And there's nothing I can do.

No comments: