Thursday, September 13, 2007

Whining, whining, & whining

As I sit here thinking about what to write , I have to take myself to task a bit for whining in prior posts.

While I whine about how much I dislike my job, I have one that pays pretty well and provides the medical benefits on which H and I depend.

While I whine about having to do a lot for H, at least I am healthy enough to be able to do it.

While I whine about the toll that his illness takes on me (and him), it is also true that sickness is just a part of life and, of course, it is upsetting.

While I whine about just how long all this is taking (aka, that he is still alive), I do know that he is as unhappy as I am with this current situation.

I have resolved not to whine at home or to my friends about this anymore. So, y'all get it here.

But the other day, I was in a foul mood and H asks me, "What's wrong? You look dismayed, distressed...." I said, "I'm just not happy with my life right now. I hate my job and home is just depressing. When I'm here, all you do is sleep and I have to do everything from take care of the pets, to fixing the house, to paying bills, blah blah blah. It just isn't fair. Isn't there supposed to be more to life than this...?"

Since that conversation, it's pretty quiet around our house. H doesn't know what to do or say...neither do I. So, we just go on in the ways that we do.

I will say this, tho': I am glad that instead of whining, I told H the truth.

No comments: