Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When I thought of leaving you

Yesterday, each of us were sitting at our respective computers...backs to one another (small room). Quiet late afternoon in our office, two computer fans going.

H asks me, "Do you remember T ?"

"Yes."

"Do you realize that I almost left you for him?"

I say, "Uhhhh. No...well, yes. How many years ago was that?"

Silence.

"It's been more than 15 years now. Why would you bring it up now?" I ask.

Silence.

I continued, "Do you want to hear about all the times I thought about it, almost left you?"

Silence.

As though him leaving me would have been bad or vice versa.

It doesn't matter what we almost did, only what we actually did, which was to continue loving one another. But I know that we both have our regrets.

I still (Lord willing) will have some time on this Earth to address my regrets; he isn't certain (and neither am I) that he will have the chance.

No comments: