Monday, February 22, 2010

Me too, honey

'Twas talking with H last night at the dinner table about how he's doing. Difficult to get him to talk about this...he's suspicious when I ask about his health and I have to remind him that I'm asking because I care.

H asked me if I wished that he had not stopped taking his anti-virals. I said, "Well, I support whatever decision you make...I told you that. But...."

"Yea, I wished I hadn't stopped taking them, (asingleman's endearding nickname)," H said.

"Yea, I'm worried that they won't work for you, H," I said.

"Well, I'm not worried. If they don't work, then I die. Why does it matter? No one cares, anyway," he said.

"I care, our family cares, lots of friends care. Many, many people love you and would miss you."

"I wish that people would call me or come see me then," H says.

"Me too, honey."

No comments: