Monday, February 21, 2011

Resistance is futile (or at least hurts)

I keep circling back to the notion that all suffering is caused by not accepting what is.

Case in point...I've been sick twice in the past two months, first with an awful 24 hour flu and just this weekend, a nasty head cold.

Now, I'm usually am sick maybe once a year with a cold. But two times in two months got me thinking.

When I look back at the last two months, what do I see?

Stress, anger, resentment, just generally being in a foul mood and being unhappy. Anger at H and what I'm missing and I have to deal with. A bunch of crazy stuff at work that I get all riled up about. Negative voices in my head telling me just how f*'d up this all is.

Now, the trick is to accept reality as my facts and circumstances...some things I can change, some I can't (hopefully, I can tell the difference).

I can't change H and I can't really change work (much). All I can do is resist or accept reality.

Granted, I may not like what is happening, but fighting it and being all pissed off just hurts me.

No comments: