Monday, February 06, 2006

As the loin stirs

And, after writing the prior entry, I met this very hot guy at the gym...fantasy man...nice guy too. Who knows what might happen?

Having them in front of you "in the flesh" is so much more compelling than having them in front of you on the computer...duh.

On the computer, the brain gets too involved...is he really that hot? is he lying in this pics or profile? how far do I have to drive? does he want to go through with it or is he "shopping?" what if I don't like him? blah, blah, blah.

But meeting someone in person: your gestalt responds to the gestalt of the other. I'm not just looking at a picture or yet another series of IMs on a computer screen. There is a living, breathing (hot) man there, smiling at me. He smells nice (at the gym!), I like his body language and his eyes, his smile, and what I can see of his body, which turns out to be most of it happily.

It's been a long time and the pull is strong.

No comments: