Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hoping for colon cancer

H has an accumulating set of issues in addition to his baseline stuff: depression, bowel distress, loss of strength and stamina, fear of just about everything, frequent nausea, more mental slowness (again), etc. etc.

Talking with him last night, he blurted out, "Well, maybe my bowel trouble is colon cancer. I hope so...maybe adding one more thing will get me out of here more quickly."

Then he laughed a bit.

I said, "Honey, you were checked for colon cancer just a bit ago and you were OK. Besides, in your case, clearly it isn't about how many health issues you have...as you say, all of your dance cards are full...and besides, you've beat the odds again and again."

"Yea, but I doubt I could beat cancer...wouldn't want to, anyway."

1 comment:

Becker said...

If it's worth anything at all, I want you to know that someone out here reads your post and prays that you find strength and courage in these trying times.