Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday dyad

Illusions

I've been encouraging H to do as much as he can for himself. This could be medication ordering & set up, calling about insurance snafus, or even just getting an eye exam.

It's helpful to me if he can do the tasks, but mostly I’m just playing a game with myself that he's not totally dependant on me. If he can do this or that, then I don't have to acknowledge the reality.

Sometimes, he can do the task…but more often than not, he gets frustrated and whacked out. Then I have to jump in, call him down, and finish the task myself.

Might be better if I just do the tasks myself, me thinks.

Give up my dreams

We were watching some TV show and there was a Bentley on it…a nice new convertible. (He's always been keen on fancy cars, especially Bentleys.)

H sighs and asks me, "Should I give up on my dreams?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

H says, "I just don't know if I should give up on my dreams…."

I say, "No, because anything can happen. I could die of a heart attack tomorrow and you could buy that Bentley. You just never know."

"I'd really like a red one," he says.

"Yes, you'd look good in a red one," I reply.

No comments: